Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Oxford, Day 16: New College

The internet has been down at the dorm for over 24 hours--and still down--which is why I am posting a little late.

Yesterday was a typical rainy day in England, but there was plenty to be done. In the morning, my roommate and I went to Costa. I like to think of Costa as an in-between of Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks. Although there are many locations, Costa's atmosphere invites customers to read and study in the lounge.

The Literature of Oxford class went on a tour of New College. We saw the chapel, the Cloisters, and the courtyard. Fun fact: Harry Potter's Goblet of Fire was filmed in the New College's cloisters. Afterwards, a friend and I stopped at The Turf for tea before heading home.

At the end of the day, my roommate and I stayed in the dorm and read Persuasion.

Massimo Green Tea and a Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin




Harry Potter pictures on set at New College


The Quad

Cloisters









Dining hall





  

No comments:

Post a Comment