Friday, June 15, 2012

Oxford, Day 20: Old Parsonage Hotel

Since getting WiFi and hot water back in the dorm, I stayed in for most of the day. For lunch, I cooked the rest of the vegetarian sausages with tomato sauce and boiled some tortellini. I had the sauce and sausage simmering on the stove for a few hours, so by the time it was ready to eat, everything mixed together well.

Then I went to tea at the Old Parsonage Hotel with a few other girls from the dorm. I ordered "light tea"--a pot of tea, a plain scone, and a raisin scone served with butter and jam. The other girls ordered "high tea," which includes miniature sandwiches and bite-size pastries in addition to the scones. Thankfully, I ate my "College Cuisine: Semi-Homemade Sauce" so I was not tempted by the sweets too badly. 

Tomorrow is the London trip and watching Shakespeare's Henry V in the Globe Theatre. I would like to do the basic, touristy bus tour of London and visit the Christian Louboutin exhibit at the London Design Museum. An ambitious goal would be trying to see the kick start of London's first Menswear calendar. Yesterday, the Prince of Wales opened the ceremony in St. James's Palace. Since the Women's collections will not be shown until Monday, it would be cool to try to make it there.

Tomato Sauce and Tortellini

The Old Parsonage Hotel







Raisin and Plain Scones



No comments:

Post a Comment