Sunday, June 17, 2012

Oxford, Day 22: Studying, Starbucks, "Bangers and Mash"

It was a beautiful afternoon in Oxford--too bad I had to work on my essays instead...

After eating lunch and tea in the dorm, I camped out at Starbucks on High Street for a few hours and had a Frappucino and a cookie. I worked on my Shakespeare paper which discusses stoicism in Hamlet and Juliet Caesar, not so much on the short paper on Evelyn Waugh, the author of Brideshead Revisited. I am still working on the essays--both due tomorrow--but I am excited to work on my Shakespeare paper here in England.

The magic of Oxford Academia has inspired me to overachieve. 

A few friends and I went to the Rose and Crown on North Parade. I finally had "bangers and mash"--a simple dish of sausage, mashed potatoes, and gravy. It is no gourmet dish, but it is a good choice for a typical rainy English evening. 


Sidewalk graffiti 

I love her outfit

Starbucks on High Street

Camp out

Tall Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappucino and a Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookie
"Bangers and Mash"
Outdoor courtyard with awning

No comments:

Post a Comment