Sunday, June 3, 2012

Oxford, Day 8: Too Good to be True

My roommate and I ate a restaurant in Summertown for brunch. I had the french toast before, which was delicious, so I decided to try something new. I ordered one of my favorite brunch dishes, eggs benedict with hollandaise sauce and salmon....Should have known better that it would taste a lot different here.

I ordered the french toast afterwards, specifically telling the waiter I was unhappy with the dish I ordered, thinking it would be free....Should have known that I would have been charged for it. Since I did order it, I cannot complain, because it is my own fault, but a similar situation happened while at another restaurant, and I got the second dish for free.

Oh well. Now I know to play it safe when it comes to eating abroad.


The dish in question


No comments:

Post a Comment