Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Guilford: Perk on Church

My mom and I went to a doctor's appointment in Guilford, which was scheduled for 8:30 am.

We left the house at 6:00 am--I get exhausted thinking about it.

For breakfast and lunch, we went to a cute cafe called "Perk on Church" built inside a re-purposed greenhouse/storage building. The cafe occupies the building along with two boutiques, BSK Design at Chroma and Gallery Raffael

I love the name, because it reminds me of The Perch in Binsey--"After the church, then to The Perch." What is more impressive about Perk on Church is how they recycle and use gluten-free ingredients. Perk on Church also prides itself on having a variety of gluten-free crepe selections. 

I had a watermelon, strawberry, and red grape fruit cup for breakfast and a "Nathan Hale" crepe made with tomato, mozzarella, and basil. 

After the doctor's appointment, we looked at Chroma, Gallery Raffael, and Ella, another boutique across the parking lot. I would have taken more pictures, but I did not feel like getting yelled at by store owners, which happened anyway when I tried to take a photo of a painting. Oh well.

From the part of Guilford we saw, I admit myself charmed by the area and its folksy-artistic atmosphere. 



Perch on Church divides food waste in three different bins--garbage, compost, and recycling. It would be nice if more cafes had a set up similar to this.
Gallery Raffael



No comments:

Post a Comment