Friday, August 3, 2012

Want: Fall 2012

As much as I love sitting on the beach and living in a bikini, I miss dressing myself in layers-on-layers-on-layers. With fall's fashion bible coming out soon (Vogue's September Issue), it is an appropriate time to lay out what I want this fall. 

I enjoyed Burberry's ladylike and playful touches. In recent seasons, there has been a peculiar toughness, so it was great to see the Brits lighten up with a grownup graphic tee paired with the fashion house's signature tailoring. The booties are also a noteworthy touch. I am not really a bow person, but I love the leather bow belts worn on the runway. Whether I would actually wear them myself is debateable. 


Source: fabsugar.com via Mia on Pinterest

I love the lighter tones in this outfit. Black, white, and dark grey compose the majority of my fall/winter wardrobe, but I like how this jacket looks against denim. Again, the booties are awesome.

Source: chictopia.com via Mia on Pinterest

Because my current fall palate is tonal, I want to add color. Wearing more color is a personal goal in general, year-round. I love the bright yellow and the navy and white scarf, because it has the cheeriness of summer, but still muted by fall updates. 

Source: chictopia.com via Mia on Pinterest

These smoking slippers are everywhere. What I like about them is that they are cooler and more comfortable than ballet flats. 


This look is impeccable and is a great example of transition from late summer to early fall. She wears the bones of a summer outfit, but wears a heavier knit cardigan and leather shorts. It never hurts to wear a Chanel handbag.

Source: chictopia.com via Mia on Pinterest

Jessica Alba is one of my favorite style icons and this year she has never looked better (maybe thanks to stylist Brad Goreski?). She has recently been photographed wearing a ton of colored jeans, like below. I am not so crazy about the turquoise glasses, so I would probably wear tortoiseshell glasses or black cat-eyes.

It should be noted she is also wearing killer booties.



Kryz Uy is my favorite fashion blogger. This look is perfect for fall for a variety of reasons--minimal use of color, cool booties, leather, and a comfortable sweater.

Source: chictopia.com via Mia on Pinterest

To be honest, I am surprised at my attraction to this sneaker-wedge-bootie hybrid. I love the colors and it looks comfortable, but still looks fashion forward. Not convinced? This is one of those things that I would advise to "wear it like you mean it," because it can look like one fierce shoe if worn with the right attitude. 


On the contrary, this bootie is darling. If you want to soften a tough outfit, I would wear these.


What I love about the cut-out booties is that they look great paired with solid tights in colder weather. These red shoes would look cool with a crisp white shirt, khaki-colored skirt, black tights, and gold bangles... as well as anything else in your fall wardrobe.


Juicy Couture always serves as great style inspiration, as well as the gorgeous Magdalena. I love the jewelry and accessories paired with the outfits. 




No comments:

Post a Comment