Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wilton/Westport: More Catching Up and Date Night

I met up with some friends at Outback Steakhouse yesterday for dinner. A few of the other girls already left for school, but the rest of us who are still around do not start classes until next week. One friend is transferring to Johnson &Wales in Providence--it will be nice to have someone close from Connecticut nearby.

To be honest, I have avoided all Outback gatherings for years, only because I am not a huge fan of red meat or BBQ'd foods. I decided to eat Chinese with my parents before going out, so I ordered tea and an ice cream sundae while everyone else ate dinner--it worked out well. 

My boyfriend and I spent the afternoon in Westport. Walking around Westport is one of my favorite things to do while in Connecticut and I wanted to make sure I did so before going back to school next week. 

We looked at some stores--including the beautiful Urban Outfitters location that opened last year--before eating a hibachi dinner at Sakura and buying frozen desserts at Trader Joe's to bring home.  We ended the night watching The Peacemaker (1997) on Netflix while indulging on chocolate lava cake and chocolate and vanilla macarons.

Dress, Banana Republic; Belt, vintage

Probably the most prestigious looking YMCA around




Shrimp Hibachi dinner at Sakura
Chocolate and Vanilla Macarons from Trader Joe's

No comments:

Post a Comment