Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Narragansett: Labor Day Weekend Recap

While most people spent the long weekend relaxing and going to the beach, I trained for my new hostess job in Newport. Saturday I was interviewed for the position and I started training yesterday. I am really happy I have some income to pay for gas and save up for another study abroad (*coughcoughFrance*), but my overloaded schedule with classes and clubs may prove to be overwhelming. Nevertheless, in the words of Tim Gunn, I am ready to "make it work."

Thankfully this weekend was not all about work--my family celebrated my second cousin's first birthday. The theme was Winnie the Pooh, complete with the large birthday cake and plenty of food. It was a beautiful day for a baby's birthday party.

My mom, my grandmother, and I are heading to a psychic tea room in Massachusetts. We usually go once a year with all of the women in the family, so we are making sure to do the trip before summer ends. For the record, the readings I have had there so far have been fairly accurate. Let's hope the psychic says I am able to keep my job, make serious cash, get good grades and not have my car ticketed by the university security for parking.

Saturday's outfit: Dress from St. Tropez; Belt, vintage

Sunday's outfit: T shirt, Gap; Shorts, Gap vintage (circa 1960s)

Monday's outfit: Dress, (label unknown); Shoes, Ralph Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment