Monday, October 1, 2012

Newport: Project Green Challenge 2012, Day 1

For the next month, I will be participating in the Project Green Challenge 2012, an initiative to engage students about environmental living.

Today's challenge was about cosmetics and body care. For the "green" level challenge, I watched the "Story of Cosmetics" by Annie Leonard (Story of Stuff) and answered some questions about the video. The "greener" level challenge involved taking a picture of five personal care products, choose one you cannot live without, and look up the ingredients of that product on EWG's Cosmetics Base.

I am glad to know about EWG so I can get a gauge on the toxicity level of the products I use. When using cosmetics that come in such intimate contact with your body, you should know if they are adversely affecting your quality of life.

Here are the products I picked from my beauty cabinet to look up:

Products (from left): Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil by Dessert Essence; SPF 15 matte foundation in medium tan by bare Minerals; Light Texturized Moisturizer by DCL Dermatologic Cosmetic Laboratories; Firming Eye Treatment by bareMinerals; InvisibleSolid pH balanced deodorant in powder fresh by Secret

Today's Outfit: Sweater, vintage; Shorts, Gap (circa 1960s); Belt, vintage; Boots, American Eagle 

No comments:

Post a Comment