Monday, October 22, 2012

Newport/Narragansett/New York: The Big Weekend Recap; PGC 2012 Days 18-21

I haven't blogged in a few days, and a lot has happened.

First of all, I got my first PGC 2012 prize in the mail! As of today, I have five more prizes coming. It's like Christmas, except Santa is tossing out organic, non GMO foods and riding a Hybrid sled instead of unethically traded, processed candy and a BigRedSled450.

Thank you Teens Turning Green! 

Thursday's PGC 2012 Day 18 challenge focused on technology. One component of the challenge was to take a picture of all the electronics in your possession. When I got out all of my electronics and put them together, at least two of them were faulty or dead. My iPod Nano, for example, has been rendered obsolete, because I have an iPhone. It's weird thinking about how we are constantly shelling out a lot of money for technology that keeps changing every 18 months.

 I could buy the iPhone 5, but I am waiting as long as possible to buy a new phone.

Thursday's Outfit: Cardigan, Old Navy; Shirt, Forever 21; Jeans, Gap; Booties, Report; Bracelets, Primark
All my electronics
 Friday's PGC 2012 Day 19 Challenge was organic cotton. I made a Pinterest board of organic cotton products--I wish I could buy them in real life.

Friday's Outfit: Sweater, Gap; Leggings, Gap; Boots, Coach
Saturday morning, my friend and I volunteered at the Newport Food Truck Festival at the Yachting Center. My boyfriend and I tried to go to the Food Truck Throwdown in Boston (I was told there's a difference between the two events), but it was really crowded. I was happy to volunteer for a little while before I went home to celebrate my grandfather's birthday, but it was so misty and cold standing outside! Of course by the time I left, the sun was shining brightly like a late summer afternoon. After such a busy day, I found it ironic that the PGC 2012 Day 20 Challenge focused on wellness and less stress.


Chocolate cupcake--and if you must know, it really was a "Kick*ss" cupcake


Izze had a booth at the Food Truck Festival and were giving out tasting samples. I asked if they had the Pomegranate flavor, my favorite, and they were kind enough to give me the bottle for free. That made my morning.

I went to New York City yesterday with member of the student newspaper and the student literary magazine. Aside from the fact I woke up late and sped over to Newport at 5:50 am to catch a 6:30 am bus, it was so much fun.

My roommate from Oxford went on the trip and we hung out most of the time. When we all got dropped off at Rockefeller Plaza, she and I went to H&M, Starbucks, Alice's Tea Cup on 42nd St., Laduree, and Central Park. After spending way too much money than we should have, we ate at Subway for lunch. From there, she went to the New York Public library for a tour, and I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see the Andy Warhol exhibit. Afterwards, we walked through the city one more time to get to our bus to leave. 

Needless to say, I did not get any homework completed while I was in the city, so I stayed up late last night studying and finishing up the PGC 2012 Day 21 Challenge, sharing and collaborative consumption






Those are indeed $900 shoes in a fish tank.
After going to the Laduree teahouse in Harrod's I have been wanting to come  here. I want to come here every time I'm in the city...
The only thing holding me back is that this small box--6 macarons--is $21.00. That's French imports for you.


Sunday's Outfit: Jacket, Bebe; Pants, Gap; Belt, vinage; Tank Top, (from Oxford); Bag, (from a NYC vendor); Flats, Nomad


No comments:

Post a Comment