Sunday, November 18, 2012

Product Review: Guayaki Yerba Mate

I still have a ton of prizes left from Project Green Challenge that I have to try. The last prize package from PGC 2012 came from Guayaki Yerba Mate. I already won three or four bags of loose leaf Guayaki Yerba Mate, probably enough to last a year, but this prize package also included other cool products by Guayaki. 

I won another mate gourd from a previous challenge, but I am still hesitant to use it--I am terrible at following directions. I guess there's the consolation of having two mate gourds in case one is horribly ruined.
There were also organic energy shots, basically a healthier to 5-Hour Energy shots, but I stay away from energy shots period. Regardless, it is nice to know that there is an alternative to 5-Hour Energy.


My favorite products so far would be the tea bags and the Revel Berry drink. I already love the original bulk Yerba Mate, but the convenience of tea bags while on the go works great. As far as the canned drinks in general, I did not know what to expect. When you see a canned beverage, for the most part, it is associated with carbonation and high levels of sugar.

When I took the first sip of Revel Berry, it seemed odd that the drink was not carbonated, yet it still tasted very good. With the amount caffeine comparable to a cup of coffee, I found my eyes wide open and very awake. I also tried the Lemon Elation flavor, but the Revel Berry was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment