Monday, May 20, 2013

Voir Un Film: The Great Gatsby

The Great Gatsby
Directed by Baz Luhrman
Principals: Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Isla Fisher


I saw The Great Gatsby last week. Overall, the movie did do a good job staying with F. Scott Fitzgerald's original dialogue in the book, but I have mixed feelings about it. 

Maybe it's because I remembered how much I didn't like Daisy's character when I read the book. 
Maybe it's because the soundtrack seemed a little bit off.
Or maybe it's because some of the graphics seemed a little corny.

But why does all of that matter when the costumes were beautiful? All of the men were impeccably dressed in the Brooks Brothers collection, even down to Jay Gatsby's pink suit. Tiffany & Co. also contributed to the film by creating custom jewelry for both the men and women.

After I reread the book, I would be open to seeing The Great Gatsby again on DVD or OnDemand over a cup of tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment