Friday, July 26, 2013

The Newport Sweet Shoppe

Yesterday, I had gone to Crosswynds Traders in Narragansett to do the usual once-a-week visit for social media and, as usual, I spoke with Chris, the owner.

Unbeknownst to me, it was Chris's birthday. I must have been there for at least an hour in the store until I realized, and by the time I had, she had left the store for the day. I did send a "Happy Birthday" text message, but a text is not nearly as polite as saying so in person. It was one of those social situations that was not intentionally rude, but it certainly wasn't considerate.

To correct my absent politesse and properly wish a (belated) happy birthday, I went to The Newport Sweet Shoppe on William Street after work at the Pell Center and Laura Jean Denim. Although I have perused the bakery's website and Facebook several times, today was my first time in. Needless to say, it won't be the last.



Bottom Photo Credit: The Newport Sweet Shoppe

I settled on getting Chris four cake pops--two milk chocolate, one dark chocolate, and one white chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment