Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Neighbourhood at Lupo's

Last night, my brother Adam and I went to "Night Zero" of 95.5 WBRU's 44th Birthday Bash at Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel, featuring The Neighbourhood and Little Daylight.

It was the first time I've been to Lupo's, something I've wanted to do for ages. 

We parked at the Providence Place parking garage and walked over to Lupo's on Washington Street. There was a parking garage only a few doors down, but it would have been $12 to park. For a short (although incredibly brisk) walk, Providence Place was only $2. 

The Neighbourhood
Photo Credit: The Neighbourhood

I was happy to sing along to most of the set list. The only song I didn't know was "West Coast."

The most surprising thing that happened was a cover of Destiny Child's "Say My Name." Like most people in the crowd, I was taken aback at first: what on Earth were they doing a Destiny's Child cover?! After a few seconds, everyone just went with it and it turned out to be a good cover, just completely unexpected.



Little Daylight
Photo Credit: Interview Magazine


Of course The Neighbourhood was amazing, but the opening act Little Daylight also performed well. I don't know what I was expecting, but they turned out to be a pretty cool band. Little Daylight had opened for Bastille's tour in September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment