Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas in the West Village

"City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, 
Dressed in holiday style
In the air, 
there's a feeling of Christmas"

My family has always spent Christmas at home, but this year, we decided to eat our Christmas meal in New York City--La Ripaille in the West Village. Because my brothers and I are older, it was nice change to celebrate the holiday. On a more selfish note, I couldn't have asked for a better way to get into a Parisian state of mind before I leave on January 5th...




La Ripaille had created a special menu for Christmas. We ordered scallops and lobster ravioli for appetizers, and each of us ordered a perfectly portioned, perfectly prepared entree. Mom ordered vegetable risotto; Dad ordered red snapper; Adam ordered chicken; Dylan ordered steak; and I ordered salmon. For drinks, Dylan and Adam ordered prosecco, but I stuck with my tried and true glass of chardonnay.

Unfortunately, I forgot to write down the full French names of all of the dishes that truly convey how delicious the food was...

Scallops
Lobster Ravioli
The family's entrees
Grilled Salmon in Champagne Reduction
For dessert, Mom and Dylan ordered chocolate mousse and I ordered the bouche de Noel. We all drank caffeine in some form--Mom got tea, Adam chose espresso, Dylan ordered regular coffee, Dad and I ordered cappuccinos.

 
From left: me, Dylan and Adam
We all had a great time at La Ripaille--my mom is already talking about going back for Easter. 

I can't even imagine what it's like to live in the West Village--all I know is that it must be amazing

After dinner, we walked a few blocks down to The High Line. Walking The High Line has been on my list for a while, so even though we barely walked a block on it, I'm happy to say I finally saw it.


Outfit: Jacket, Marc by Andrew Marc (bought at Laura Jean Denim Shop); Scarf, vintage; Shirt, Jack Wills; Pants, Lucky Brand (bought at Crosswynds Traders); Heels, Nine West; Purse, (bought at Elle G); Gloves, (a gift from Ryan)
Merry Christmas / Joyeux Noël!

No comments:

Post a Comment