Monday, January 20, 2014

Paris, Day 14: The Eiffel Tower and Comédie Française

On Sunday, we climbed the Eiffel Tower to the second platform and saw breathtaking views of the city and the Seine. We walked to the gardens in front of the Bibliothèque Nationale--I had my first Nutella crêpe in Paris on the way--took some more photos, then walked towards the Pont Marie for the métro.

Maybe it's because it's self-explanatory--or maybe it's because I'm catching up on a few days worth of blog posts--but I don't think the pictures need much explanation.






Our professor had a few tickets to see Don Juan at the Comédie Française, so three of us saw the show Sunday night. I was surprised at how much I was able to understand--I'm by no means close to being fluent, but I could pick up the general dialogue, tone, and themes. I never read Don Juan, so I'll have to read it and see how well I really understood...



No comments:

Post a Comment