Sunday, March 16, 2014

CMA Spring National College Media Convention

It's hard to get enough of New York City, because she's like Christmas morning--no matter how many times you experience it, the excitement never dies.

Times Square



Hotel Wellington

Student newspapers from across the country at CMA NYC conference

Spending this weekend at CMA's Spring National College Media Convention in New York City was amazing. Combined with the Women's Travel Fest workshop I attended on Sunday, I learned so many tips and tricks from media professionals about blogging, freelancing and pitching in less than a week. The CMA NYC conference was aimed towards university student newspaper editors and aspiring writers who want to improve their content and their reach on their campuses.

I live-tweeted some sessions and posted the tweets on Storify:



One of my favorite parts of the conference was attending a tour inside of The New York Times building. We learned about the architecture, the Pulitzer Hall, and an overall history of the newspaper. Renzo Piano, the architect who designed The New York Times building located at 620 8th Avenue, also designed the Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris, France with fellow Italian architect Gianfranco Franchini. 

Sushi at Bluefin in Times Square


I have wanted to get this picture for so long and I am so happy I finally had to the time to take it

Before leaving New York City, I could not leave without making one last stop...



Normandy sandwich: brie, apples, French mustard, raisins, lettuce

Hopelessly and happily addicted and I don't care who knows it


This was one of the best weekends I've had in the city...


It turns out I'll be back in the city sooner than I thought--the university student newspaper staff will be visiting the MoMa in a week. I can't wait for my next box of macarons...

No comments:

Post a Comment