Saturday, May 31, 2014

Bean Bar and Leesburg Farmer's Market

I love visiting my family relatives in Virginia because they always make everything fun--they know the cool things to do, the places to visit, and the healthiest food to eat.

One morning we had coffee at Bean Bar, a local cafe downtown with a killer European-themed atmosphere. My cousin Michelle pointed out that Bean Bar uses all-natural ingredients, sells fresh baked goods and offers brunch on the weekends. I ordered the Seven Spice Chai Latte with almond milk and a homemade apricot "pop tart" pastry, a breakfast I would happily enjoy on a regular basis.



Seven Spice Chai Latte and Homemade Apricot "pop tart" pastry

Of course one of the many baked goods Bean Bar had was my beloved macaron... These macarons were bigger than the ones I normally buy, but they were just as good. 

Lemon and Salted Caramel macarons

We went to the farmer's market this morning and it was cool to see the different variety of produce and baked goods from the farmer's market in Newport. Virginia is fortunate to have more accommodating weather that permits more things to grow, like this awesome "Green Zebra" watermelon.






I was happy to find even more macarons at a baker's tent... These tasted really good, too. 

Salted Caramel, Chocolate, Raspberry, Lemon and Pistachio macarons

No comments:

Post a Comment