Saturday, June 7, 2014

Beach and a Book Sale

It's finally a nice, beautiful summer weekend and I'm ready to take full advantage of it. I took Bella with me to run some errands around town before hitting the beach...


Bag, Elle G; Havaianas, Crosswynds Traders; bracelets, made by Mom


I am probably one of the few people at my age who enjoys reading a real, physical newspaper. My dad has had a subscription to The New York Times for as long as I can remember, so I think the sentimentality of the tradition is very alluring. I also grew up believing that The New York Times is the ultimate news bible--naturally, I refuse to trust any other newspaper.

June 6, 2014 was the 70th anniversary of D-Day



I stopped by the local library to check out the book sale to see if I could a few good reads for the summer. Anyone who hasn't been to a library book sale is missing out--most of the books are on sale for $1.00 or less. Even if you don't buy anything, it's cool to see all of the different types of books and topics.


I never watched Grey's Anatomy, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess this is where the title came from...

Othello, The Prince, The Great Gatsby. A throwback to English courses in high school and philosophy in college...

I am excited about my three new books I picked up for a grand total of $3.00!

Anna Karenina- I watched the 2012 film starring Keira Knightley at Jane Pickens and loved it. I will admit I am bit intimidated to read Tolstoy, but I am going to make an earnest attempt to conquer this book.

In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto-Pollan, author and writer for The New York Times, is one of the greatest thought leaders on revolutionizing how we produce and consume food. I have never read one of his books, but he's written some great articles in the Times and in T Magazine

The Sunny Side: Short Stories and Poems for Proper Grown-Ups- When I first picked this book up, the author's name looked very familiar. It wasn't until I remembered that A.A. Milne wrote Winnie the Pooh that it made sense--when I was younger, I would always play with the family hardcover copy of Winnie the Pooh. The book looked very pretty to a five-year old girl--the background was pink with a graphic print featuring tiny bees, the main picture was of Winnie the Pooh and all of his friends on the cover. I can't wait to read The Sunny Side.

If you live in South County, Rhode Island, you should stop by the Narragansett Library and check out their book sale today from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment