Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Chasing Sunset with Juno

For the past few days, I've been happily snowed in reading A Nervous Splendor: Vienna 1888/1889, drinking hot cider and cabernet sauvignon, and eating toasted French baguette with melted brie...

Nonetheless, cabin fever eventually possessed me and I needed to go for a drive. I stopped at The Middletown Historical Society/Paradise Valley Park, then made my way to Sachuest Point. 

Paradise Valley Park is one of the conserved lands on Aquidneck Island under the 




I'll admit that getting the shots for the Point was a treacherous process. I wanted to get a picture on the beach, but on my way down, my left leg slipped into a crevasse in the rocks. I don't mean I lightly slipped and I had snow up to my ankle--my entire leg got stuck in a hole that was several feet in depth. 

Then, while driving uphill, I thought I was going to run off into the ocean as I was passing opposite traffic...



When all is said and done, I think it was worth it... But maybe next time I'll avoid the snow-covered rocks on the off-chance that I fall into a hole and can't get out... 

No comments:

Post a Comment