Last weekend, I attended the 2015 Women in Travel Summit in Boston, MA. A conference created by the Go Girl Travel Network, WITS is "the first and only travel summit by and for women."
Around this same time last year, I did attend the workshop for the Women's Travel Fest in New York City, but missed the main conference. Since then, I have been looking for opportunities to learn about travel and to meet new people who also interested in doing the same.
Here are the sessions I attended, live-tweeted and then Storified for your convenience:
- Cashing in on YOU! How to Turn Individuality Into Visibility and Bankability in Life, on the Job and in Business- Catrice Jackson of Catriceology Enterprises and self-proclaimed "BOSSLady of Branding" shares her tips on branding and how to stand out among the crowd using your personal essence
- How to Make Google Like You and Other SEO Strategies to Increase Your Site Traffic- Brooke Roberts, Founder/CEO of Yoga Travel Tree and former Senior Vice President of GoAbroad, gives a creative breakdown of SEO best practices for blogging using dating metaphors
- Press Trip Panel- Four travel experts share their tips on how to gain access press trips and get the most out of them
- Surviving the Long Game: Building a Blog and a Career That Will Last- Stephanie Yoder of Twenty-Something Travel talks about how to build a strong foundation for your blog for a successful future
- Protect Yourself: What's Yours is Yours (If It's Legally Yours) Stories from Bloggers Who Learned the Hard Way- Jessica Ainlay, a self proclaimed "trilingual world-traveling storyteller and entrepreneur," discusses how to protect your blog and intellectual property