Friday, January 6, 2017

Planning for a Week in Vienna & Paris

Kicking off 2017 with a European adventure


The last time I went was in January 2014 when I studied in Paris, France before my final semester at Salve Regina University. I had every intention of planning a trip in 2016, but work obligations and job searching postponed transatlantic travel plans.

The past few years have been spent whetting my wanderlust by trying new restaurants, reading novels and catching the occasional flight. It is always a comfort finding the Parisian connection

This year, I'll be heading overseas for six days to spend time in Vienna, Austria with Steph and Paris with Baptiste!


I checked out several books from the library* and will continue to pore over every travel blog for different things to do and places to see in each city:

Frommer's Easy Guide to Paris 2017
Fodor's Travel Vienna & the Best of Austria with Salzburg & Skiing in the Alps
DK Eyewitness Travel Top 10 Vienna 
DK Eyewitness Travel Vienna
The Authentic Bistros of Paris by Francois Thomazeau and Sylvain Ageorges
Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris's Rebel Quarter by John Baxter

*As resourceful and infinite as the Internet may be, flipping through guide books can be quicker and more efficient to gather quick and accurate information

Although the magic of travel has a way of presenting spontaneous moments and (mostly) pleasant surprises, planning a short bucket list in advance helps shape and maximize the limited time visiting.

The fact that this trip is going to happen in a few weeks still surprises me, but I'm ready for days filled with espressos, champagne, gilded art, Austrian countryside and PARIS. Over the next few weeks, my attention will be focused on prioritizing the bucket list and preparing an easy capsule wardrobe...

No comments:

Post a Comment