Friday, June 1, 2012

Oxford: In the Pantry

To my own surprise, I have been eating remarkably well. There are enough options in Oxford to avoid having "bangers and mash" all of the time. Some meals I have had at various pubs and restaurants include fish and chips, summer squash soup, and french toast. I make sure to have plenty of leftovers so I can take it back to the dorm and have it for another meal the next day--that way, I do not overeat and I get the most out of the meal. In the pantry, I stocked up on bananas and cornflake cereal for breakfast and macaroni and cheese, organic spinach spaghetti for lunch and dinner. I plan to buy more greens and meats to mix in with pasta dishes or have separately.

On the way back to the dorm, I stopped in Summertown at a place called Cook. The store sells microwaveable healthy foods--think Lean Cuisine, but healthy and homemade. I bought salmon and asparagus gratin, meringues, and a small raspberry lemonade for a lovely price of only 8 pounds. 

Annie's Organic Macaroni Shells and White Cheddar Cheese 

Organic Spinach Spaghetti with extra virgin olive oil and Parmesan cheese  served with cranberry juice

Fish and chips leftovers from Eagle and Child served with Luscombe raspberry lemonade

Meringues, raspberry lemonade, and Salmon & Asparagus Gratin from Cook

The pantry


COOK of Oxford

No comments:

Post a Comment