Monday, December 17, 2012

Narragansett/Wickford: Gossip

The second half of finals begins tomorrow (by tomorrow, I mean later today), but I have been in no mood to study let alone stay still. I am more worried about finishing up Christmas shopping and already trying to figure out winter break plans and internship forms for next semester.

Yesterday, my dad and I went to Gossip Boutique in Wickford to pick out a Christmas gift for my mom. We got her two beautiful "somethings" that she will love--I don't want to post what it is in case my mom reads it! 
While we were there, I asked the owner, Janelle Feigley, if she was accepting applications for spring 2013 interns.


I had assembled a few "resume packages" earlier this week to give to potential internship sites. Gossip Boutique was one, as was Isoude in Newport and KC Shoes at the Pier in Narragansett. The "package", which included a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and information on the blog, was printed on resume paper, a Damask watermark, and tied with matching Damask ribbon. 

Upon handing Janelle the resume package, she seemed really impressed by the gesture and said that she would be happy to have me as an intern! It's not technically official until I have the paperwork filled out, but it looks like I will be interning at Gossip next semester--can't wait!

Later in the afternoon, we saw The Hobbit. I didn't read the books, so I can't give a fair assessment of it, but the film was enjoyable. As a Lord of the Rings fan, it's nice to have a return of Tolkein in theaters. 


One of Mom's holiday treats--candy pretzels!


Friday's Outfit: Sweater, Gap; Tank, To the Max; Pants, Gap; Boots, Wild Diva

I slept in this morning and helped my mom bake Christmas cookies before making an attempt to study. Of course, I fell asleep instead... 

I just want finals to be over already...

No comments:

Post a Comment