Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New York: Macaron Cafe and Shopping in SoHo

Every time I go to the city, I go with my dad. While he's in meetings, I hang out with my friend Julia and we go around town shopping. My dad and I come in early in the morning, which is a struggle for Julia because she likes sleeping in late in the afternoon...

We met up at 8:30 this morning.

Since it was so early, I looked up nice places to have breakfast in the area and came across Macaron Cafe on Third Avenue--we absolutely fell in love once we found it. I ordered a pain au chocolat and Provence green tea and Julia ordered a crepe. After a few hours of catching up, we decided to split an order of six macarons for $14, $7 for each of us.

We ordered and Nutella, Lychee Rose, Matcha Green Tea, Passion Fruit, two Honey Lavender. I would have to say Honey Lavender and Lychee Rose were my favorites, but there are so many other macaron flavors to try in the future.



Macaron Cafe at 750 Third Avenue








After leaving Macaron Cafe, we headed down to SoHo for some shopping. We went to the MoMa gift shop, C. Wonder, Madewell, Scoop NYC, H&M and TopShop. Julia found a cute cobalt dress at TopShop and I scoured the sales rack at H&M for a great bargain: a moto-style sweater jacket for $20 and a large grey flounce scarf for $7. 




The beautiful fashion books at the MoMa gift shop




To learn about the controversy of C. Wonder vs. Tory Burch, please click here.




\




Source: us.topshop.com via Mia on Pinterest







I'll be back, SoHo!


Naturally, a visit to the city is never complete without a wrap-up of the day over a short White Mocha at Starbucks. A perfect end to a perfect day with a friend.




Today's Outfit: Sweater, Jack Wills; Scarf, Gap; Jeans, Gap; Boots, Forever 21; Tote, (from Wish Newport)

No comments:

Post a Comment