Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Newport/Narragansett: The Tents and David's Tea

I was excited to find The Tents: The New York Fashion Documentary on HuluPlus when I got home after work. The film interviews designers and other industry professionals responsible for putting New York Fashion Week on at Bryant Park since the 1993. In 2010, after eighteen years on Seventh Avenue, Fashion Week moved to the Lincoln Center for Performing Arts.

The film does a great job at giving a behind-the-scenes look at the runway--the models, the hairstylists, the press, and everyone else in between. It was funny to hear that some fashion editors and journalists "crashed" fashion shows.



Before bed, I decided to open a DAVIDsTEA gift set I got for Christmas from my eldest brother, Dylan. It included a mug, tea strainer, lid, and three loose-leaf teas. I tried the Coco Chai Rooibos--caffeine-free so I can still sleep tonight--and loved it.  DAVIDsTEA has a lot of different teas on their website, so I hope to order more varieties after I finish up the flavors I have.





And speaking of sipping a spot of tea...

Happy Birthday, Kate! May you stay beautiful and elegant always, cheers!







Today's Outfit: Sweater, Simply Vera by Vera Wang; Shirt, Gap; Scarf, vintage; Leggings, Old Navy; Boots, Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment