Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Newport/Narragansett: Chanel Chanel and Girls

My brother joined me on some errand running in Newport--buying textbooks at the university bookstore, checking out a Chanel Chanel at the university library, then ending at Starbucks. I was so ready to go to Jack Wills--last time, seriously!--but it was closed or inventory. I guess I'll have to go again tomorrow...

I did enjoy watching Chanel Chanel, which is a television documentary originally aired on the Arts and Entertainment Network, according to a review by The New York Times. Despite the fact it was made in the late 1980s, it was nice to get the facts straight about Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel without the cinematic embellishment. A young Karl Lagerfeld, before the leather gloves and white hair, gave great insights about Chanel and her personality through examining her designs.


Tonight is the night I finally joined the Girls bandwagon--and I could not be happier that I did. Now I understand why Director/Creator/Writer Lena Dunham of Girls deserves such acclaim and Golden Globe nominations and awards. Absolute perfection. 


Watch it on HBO Go NOW!



Today's Outfit: Cardigan, Simply Vera by Vera Wang; Shirt, Forever 21; Jeans, Express; Boots, Forever 21; Bag, Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment