Sunday, January 13, 2013

Newport/Narragansett: Dreaming of a Paris Summer

For the past few days, I have been so preoccupied trying to figure out what I am doing this coming summer.

Am I living and working at university? Or am I working and/or interning  in Newport then commuting from home?
Or, should I find an internship in Boston and commute from home?
Or maybe I should take courses at RISD or FIT for fashion and ditch interning for the summer, wait to do so in the fall?

Can my ultimate dream be realized--is it possible for me to study or intern abroad at La Sorbonne in Paris?

Source: panoramio.com via Evert on Pinterest


There is an all-inclusive program with AIFS Abroad that has courses in French language and a course on French Fashion held at Institut de Langue et de la Culture Francaises (ILCF). It includes excursions, board, and has the option to include airfare with a three-day orientation in London before classes start. 

Not going to lie, this winter break has been more agonizing than restful, but I am happy to start planning now.  I have also started scholarship hunting like crazy...

Besides work and repose and daydreams, I plan on trying to catch up on some beauty sleep. 



I spent most of Friday updating Facebook and Twitter for work. I used Instagram to make nice profile pictures.




Window-shopping at Pleasant Surprise in the Brick Market Place on break




Friday's Outfit: Sweater, vintage; Scarf, (handmade); Jeans, American Eagle; Boots, (from Tropical Gangsters)




Today's Outfit: Sweater, H&M; Scarf, H&M; Jeans, American Eagle; Boots, Dolce Vita

No comments:

Post a Comment