Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spring/Summer 2013 Shopping

Since last winter, I have been making more conscious, thought-out decisions about what clothes to buy. I love fashion and I love clothes, but I don't see the point in being "trendy" and slaving away to the latest fad.

I had been cleaning out my closet and donating a lot of clothes only to realize that I needed to find foundation pieces for my summer wardrobe: tank tops, jeans, shorts, sandals, handbags...

Okay, I needed a lot of new things.

Over the past few weeks, I've been able to find most of the summer wardrobe staples I'd been looking for--I just wish the weather would warm up so I could wear them!

Lucky Brand Chambray Shirt, Crosswynds Traders
The Chambray Shirt--I have been looking for a chambray shirt since February. Jack Wills has a phenomenal one, which also comes in pink, but the shirt I bought looks fairly similar and was only a fraction of the Jack Wills' price. 

American Eagle cardigan, Crosswynds Traders
 The Cardigan--I probably have more cardigans than I would like to admit, but I don't have any like this (promise!). I love that this is a light, chunky knit sweater than can be worn year-round.
American Eagle White Khaki Shorts, Crosswynds Traders
White Khaki Shorts--Everyone loves white denim cutoffs, but it's nice to have white khaki shorts if you need to be dressy-casual for a summer event.

American Eagle Lace Insert Shorts, Crosswynds Traders
 Shorts w/ Lace Detail--How awesome are these?! I'm not even going to contain my excitement over this cute pair of shorts. The lace detail really makes it special and the shorts just so happen to be right on trend.

American Eagle Floral Denim Shorts, Crosswynds Traders
 Floral Print Shorts--Whether or not these were a necessity is debatable, but they fit well. 

American Eagle Tie-Dye Shorts, Crosswynds Traders
 Tie-Dye Denim Shorts--Similar argument as the Floral Print Shorts--not really sure that they'll be in my closet forever, but I love them right now.

Lucky Brand Jeans, Crosswynds Traders
 Straight Leg Jeans--I always have trouble finding good denim and good denim that fits. I was so happy to find these straight leg, dark wash jeans that also have super stretch. One of my challenges denim shopping is that I am a curvy size 25 and the stretch is more than necessary, as well as flattering.

American Eagle Belt, Crosswynds Traders
 Belt--I wear my belts to death. I just wish this also came in black!

American Eagle Sandals, Crosswynds Traders
 Neutral Sandals--I have neutral sandals I bought in England last summer, but I don't want to ruin them. I can't wait to wear these this year!

Kimchi Blue Wallet, Crosswynds Traders
Wallet--When I go to university, I typically carry 2-3 bags with me (backpack, purse and/or extra book bag for library books). I desperately needed something that could function as a purse, but not be a big handbag. Functional beauty, what's not to love?

In the future, I would like to find more maxi dresses, sandals, and light/chunky knit cardigans.

No comments:

Post a Comment