Sunday, January 12, 2014

Paris, Day 7: Alaïa Exhibit at Le Palais Galliera

Before I left for Paris, I read some information anout Azzedine Alaïa's museum exhibit. When it opened last September, it was well-received and celebrated in the fashion world. Of course, seeing this exhibit became a priority destination after the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre.

 
Sara and I went to the exhibit today and I was absolutely blown away by everything. It was amazing to see how a lot of mainstream fashion takes cues from Azzedine Alaïa. After seeing the exhibition--examining the details on each piece, understanding Alaïa's concept of focusing on the female body--Alaïa must be one of my favorite designers.

 
No photography was allowed, but I bought a few postcards as keepsakes.
 

 

The area where Le Palais Galliera is located is right across the French "MoMA" and other museums, as well as the Seine. There's a spectacular view of the Eiffel Tower walking around the area in front of the Museum of Modern Art. Sara and I want to come back another day with the rest of the group.


Sara and I ate dinner at a cafē close to the Saint Michel métro stop, then headed home. Since we've all been going non-stop so far, it was nice to have a more relaxed day and only go to one museum.

A couple brought their German Shepherd puppy on the metro in a carrier, très adorable

No comments:

Post a Comment