Thursday, June 12, 2014

2014 FIFA World Cup Fashion

I'm going to be honest--I don't know much about football.

The extent of my football knowledge is limited to David Beckham's modeling experience with Calvin Klein underwear and the controversial vuvuzela from the 2010 World Cup, which is banned from this year's World Cup in Brazil.

Last Sunday in The New York Times, I did learn a great deal about the role football stars play in the fashion industry. If you think about it, football players are made for fashion--handsome, fit young men who are known as international super heroes. A fashion house couldn't ask for a better way to market menswear than to follow the hottest players in the game.


I do want to make an honest attempt to follow the 2014 World Cup, but we'll see how it goes. If you want to follow the matches, check out the official 2014 World Cup website

Otherwise, check out more World Cup fashion reads:




No comments:

Post a Comment