Monday, December 21, 2015

Bedroom Makeover | The Paint

After moving back to Connecticut from Newport, I have finally repainted my childhood bedroom.



It's a night and day difference between Behr's Blueberry Shake and Sherwin Williams' Interactive Cream. I originally picked out Croissant, which was only one shade cooler than the neutral, but the Social Media Addict in me convinced the Francophile to have faith. 

It's so much nicer seeing the crisp, white down quilt and luxe fleece throw blanket against the Interactive Cream. The traces of blue in the curtains, desk chair, silk pillow and desk lamp are playful pops of color instead of the 50 Shades of Overkill that were there before.


Although I'm really happy with the way it turned out, I don't think I'll ever paint a room again.

It didn't help that I bought the wrong foam roller at first (the nap was too thick), bought the wrong size paint tray (too small for the width of the roller), bought the right size tray liner instead of the right size tray (ugh), then I didn't put on the blue painter's tape as expertly as I should have...

I'll stick to painting furniture, that's for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment