Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Boston: Ringing in the New Year

Starting off the New Year in Boston was an auspicious beginning of 2013.

My friend and I had afternoon tea at his loft in Charles Street, strolled down Newbury Street and watched The Queen of Versailles. Later, I met up with my boyfriend and helped him and his friends get their New Year's Eve party organized at their apartment. The apartment was not broken in yet--they had just moved in less than 24 hours prior--to the extent that cable and WiFi weren't set up. We were all staring at our cellphones and the oven clock waiting for when it came close to midnight, but none of us minded. It was one of the many things that made the night that much more memorable.


Source: imdb.com via Mia on Pinterest



The stroke of midnight not only brought in a new year, but also celebrated the second year anniversary my boyfriend and I have been together.




We tried to go to La Voile on Newbury for our anniversary lunch, somewhere I have been setting my sights on for a while. Unfortunately, by the time it would have opened at 2:00, I would have barely made it to my 3:06 Amtrak train. Instead, we went to Max Brenner on Boylston, another restaurant I have been meaning to go to. 


Source: maxbrenner.com via Mia on Pinterest




I can happily say that 2012 is over with and I am ready to start off with a clean slate, though I still have yet to make my resolutions...

No comments:

Post a Comment