Monday, February 18, 2013

The Makeover: Pocahontas Turned Legally Blonde

In the past week and a half, my hair has transformed from being long and dark to short and blonde.


As I mentioned in an earlier post, I got my hair cut and styled by Tara at JF3 Salon. I donated one foot of hair.

A few days later, I went back to Tara again to go blonde--I would be lying if I said I wasn't mildly nervous. What if my hair didn't go as light as I wanted it to? What if, by some miracle, it got too light? After the four-hour process was finished--foils, steam, rinse, glaze, rinse again, blow-dry, and style--I couldn't be more pleased.



After my experience with Tara at JF3 Salon, I definitely plan on becoming a regular client. I have never had a salon I regularly go to--the only time I would go to a salon is to donate my hair--so I cannot wait to try out the salon's other services, like blowouts, manicures/pedicures, and makeup applications with Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics.

In the movie Coco Before Chanel, Chanel (played by Audrey Tatou) says "a woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life."

I have never been more ready for change than I am now. Let's go.

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful! I've gone to JF3 for years. They are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete